We had a great turnout for commenting and barbecuing! Many of us wrote comments for VDOT’s I-66 project plans and environmental assessment, while younger folks enjoyed a moon bounce and activities. Thanks to all who participated, enjoyed good food, and the great weather. A special thank you goes to our leaders who stopped by as well, including:
- Sharon Bulova, Chairman, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors
- Lynda Smyth, Supervisor, Fairfax County, Providence District
- Mark Keam, Delegate, Virginia General Assembly
- Marcus Simon, Delegate, Virginia General Assembly
- Scott Price, Regional Director for Senator Mark Warner, United States Congress
- Patty Reed, Fairfax County School Board, Providence District
As a reminder, VDOT’s comment deadline is this Thursday, June 18. Stay tuned right here at transform66wisely.org for more information about comments and more ways you can participate in the environmental policy process before then.