Everyone is encouraged to attend a meeting with VDOT and its private concessionaire company who is expanding I-66 from the Capital Beltway to Haymarket, Virginia.
Transform I-66 Outside-the-Beltway UPDATE Meeting
Presenter: Virginia Department of Transportation and Express Mobility Partners (private partner building and operating HOT lanes)
Location: Providence Community Center, 3001 Vaden Drive Fairfax, VA, 22031
Date: September 12, 2018
Time: 8:00 pm
We do not know the format of the presentation but we are hopeful to learn information on the following subjects:
- If and when disruptions to metro service at Dunn Loring metro station are planned;
- If and when disruptions will occur at the Gallows and Cedar bridges for cars;
- If and when disruptions to the pedestrian sidewalks at the Gallows and Cedar bridges;
- Schedule of night work and information on noise and light pollution during work;
- Will demolition be permitted at night and if so will neighborhoods be notified of such night demolition and how much notice will be provided;
- Information on when sound barriers are being removed, how long they will down, and characteristics of replacement sound barriers (height, aesthetics, etc.);
- When will sound wall next to Stenwood elementary be removed, how long it will be gone. Will work and workers be on school premises while school is in session;
- Will workers working near Stenwood elementary go through background check; and
- Information on location of new metro substation at Dunn Loring station.